The ARRL Handbook for Radio Communications
- The comprehensive RF Engineering Reference
Do-It-Yourself: Wireless Technology
The ARRL Handbook is part reference and part applied theory, filled with practical treatments of basic electronic fundamentals, RF design, digital and software radio technology, and antenna construction. It strikes the perfect balance between presentations of time-tested material and coverage of the expanding scope of Amateur Radio and the state-of-the-art.
For more than eight decades, The Handbook has empowered radio amateurs and professionals alike with its do-it-yourself approach, finding its way onto workbenches and operating desks, and into technical libraries and institutions.
Always Revised! This eighty-eighth edition has been significantly enhanced, featuring brand-new projects and the most up-to-date information…
- Schematic capture and Printed Circuit Board layout
- Amplifier tuning and maintenance, using surplus amp parts
- Restoring vintage equipment
- Remote station design
New Project Material:
- Microprocessor-based SWR Monitor-Meter by Larry Coyle, K1QW
- LTspice simulation files for basic electronic circuits
- Selecting the right battery for mobile operation
- New from Dr. Ulrich Rhode, N1UL: Oscillator and mixer circuit designs, HF mixer testing, VHF down-converter front end design, and RF circuit simulation
- 50% more on RF Interference, including digital TV, power-line noise, and automotive RFI
- Transmitting choke material consolidated for easy reference
CD-ROM Included! The CD-ROM at the back of the book includes all of the fully searchable text and illustrations in the printed book, as well as companion software, PC board templates and other support files.
System Requirements: Windows® XP, Windows Vista® or Windows® 7, as well as Macintosh® systems, using Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® software. The Acrobat Reader is a free download at www.adobe.com. PDF files are Linux readable.
Hardcover: 1416 pages.
Publisher: The American Radio Relay League, Inc.; Eighty-Eighth Edition/First Printing (October 2010)
Product Dimensions: 8 3/16 x 10 7/8 inches
Shipping Weight: 6.5 pounds