STUF "Silica Teflon Unionizing Filler" Dielectric Waterproofing Filler
“ Prevents Moisture Infiltration by Occupation “
3.2 CU. In. Volume per tube.
An Ultra-low Density, All Dielectric Filler Specifically Formulated to Simulate Coaxial Cable Core.
Many Coaxial connectors are poorly designed and contain air pockets which allow a “ breathing” of the connector with changes in ambient temperatures.
Directions: Mate tube of STUF with connector cap end and fill. Thread connector and snug with wrench. A slight resistance to tightening should be noted as STUF is channeled into voids.
- STUF is a pure dielectric compound: It is inert to electromagnetics (Dielectric ); Put a blopin a microwave oven, it will not even get warm.
- STUF has a dielectric constant simulating the most common coaxial cable core used in residential coax :Polyetyelene Foam , <- 1.5
- STUF is non-frequency dependent: From shortwave to microwave it responds the same to the signal energy.
- STUF contains corrosion inhibitors which crawl into the cable braid and connector body to control corrosion.
- STUF will not interfere with electrical throughput in powered cables: stuf is highly extrudeable and is forced, like air, away from metal to metal contacts.
- STUF will stop migration of flooded cable fluids into connector voids, which causes high return ( reflection ) losses in flooded cable assemblies.